As you evaluate your copier options, you will look at cost, technology, the partner, and your prior experience. We know most people, when thinking about a copier, simply wants their copier to “just work.” Our goal is to make it so when you think of your copier, you have a great experience because we don’t want to be your copier company just this time, but for the next 5 or 10 contracts you do.
We take the long view when we think about copiers.
Our goal isn’t to sling some copier on people who don’t need it. We look at the needs of the company and really strive to assist them to get the very best copier because if they get the best copier (technology, price, experience), we have an amazing shot of retaining our clients.
There is a scary facts out there from Gartner we found. We work to ensure these are not true for our clients, because we believe this is unacceptable.
- Most clients have no idea what they actually have. This is a recipe for exploding costs and no auditing of costs or experience. We believe every company should know exactly what they have, how many tickets the machines have had and what they cost.
- Most companies do not monitor supplies spending. This leads them to expensive OEM cartridges where they may pay triple the price for no good reason.
- Most companies don’t believe copiers and printers represent any significant part of their budget. The problem is it can be 1% to 3% of their budget in many cases.
- A $500 Million company will typically spend $5 million to $15 million on print. When it is actively managed, this can go down to $500,000 to $3 Million. The energy to pay attention is well worth the investment.
- Most companies have units in their print fleets over 5 years old. The risk to network security gets incrementally more important each year after 5 years. A 10 year old printer will most certainly have some major risk profile to the security of the network.
With this being true, we have some suggestions for our customers here in the Atlanta area. We think it is important to consider these suggestions.
- Right size your fleet. Some of the older copiers can be removed while there is more up to date and secure units added to your fleet.
- Pay attention to costs and contracts – This always is a good idea from copiers to phones to leasing space.
- Choose your devices carefully, especially if you plan to run them 5+ years. The choices you make today will bless our haunt you for years to come.
- Appoint a strategic person in your company to oversee contracts and output devices (may be IT or a power user who understands the organizational needs.)
If you need a copier in Atlanta, we would love to help. We have been selling Sharp copiers for years and as you work with us you will see how we differ from companies who sell all sorts of services and do copiers on the side. We are here for you and would love to start a conversation about copier leasing, copier rentals, Sharp Copiers, HP printers, Document management, print policies, cost retrieval and anything that connects to document output.